The Sebago Lakes Region Chamber of Commerce, representing the towns of Casco, Gray, Limerick, Limington, Naples, New Gloucester, Raymond, Sebago, Standish and Windham, is one of the most active chambers in the State of Maine. It is comprised of business members ranging from young entrepreneurs and ‘mom & pop’ shops to the largest employers in our region.
Tourism is one of the largest industries in our scenic region. We are the top vacation destination in Western Maine. We constantly promote our region and recommend our businesses to visitors through special events, trade publications, information centers, the internet, and by phone and mail. We are also a collective voice for local business in municipal and government affairs. We are engaged in economic development and legislative issues that affect the quality of life and the business climate in our region.
Other benefits of membership in our Chamber include:
• Ribbon-cutting events to welcome new businesses to our Region or to announce a business’ new or remodeled location and provide them with media exposure to boost their marketing efforts.
• Monthly get-togethers: 5:30-7:30 pm, sponsored by Chamber members and held at their place of business. These popular functions encourage business people to network with one another and give new members an opportunity to introduce their peers to their business.
• Advertising Opportunities: High visibility advertising is available through our annual Area Guide, with 15,000 copies distributed locally through our Chamber members and carried at visitor information centers throughout Maine. We also offer charitable event sponsorships at all price points and newsletter advertising four times a year. All members are encouraged to take advantage of free literature displays at our year-round information center on Rt. 302 in Windham and at our summer center on the Naples Village Green.
• Internet marketing: Our website receives thousands of hits a year, both through internet searches and via links from members’ websites and sites hosted by the Maine Office of Tourism, the Maine Tourism Association and the Western Maine Lakes & Mountains Tourism Council. Each of our members receives a free business listing and link to their website from ours. For a fee, we will add a front page hyperlink to your business from our front page.
• Newsletter and Bi-monthly e-Commerce Reports: Regular communication is the key to keeping our members informed and engaged in Chamber activities. To this end, we publish four newsletters a year and communicate by e-mail weekly, delivering timely news, important reminders and calls to action.
• Referrals: We make referrals every day in response to visitor inquiries and in the course of conducting daily Chamber business. Our members are encouraged to refer business and do business with other Chamber members whenever possible.
• Business Education: Workshops on subjects of interest to you and your staff, legislative policy forums, and regular updates on a wide variety of business topics may be offered during the year. We also offer general marketing consultation and assistance to new and small businesses to help them prosper.
• Community Betterment: We actively address issues that affect the quality of life and the business climate in the Sebago Lakes Region, through partnerships with local town governments.
• Credibility: Your membership decal, displayed at your business, tells customers that you are a reputable firm, a community supporter, and a welcoming member of the Sebago Lakes Region business community.
• Member-to-Member Discounts: Offer a professional discount to participating Chamber members and have similar discounts accorded to you.
• Group Health Insurance Options: Businesses with 1-50 employees may offer employees a choice of 7 health insurance options through our affiliation with Anthem BCBS and the Maine State Chamber Alliance.